Welcome to Nova Wrap’s blog, where we explore the innovative world of vinyl wrapping. Today, we’re tackling a question that many homeowners and DIY enthusiasts ask: Can you vinyl wrap skirting boards?
Can Skirting Boards be Vinyl Wrapped?
Skirting boards are great for vinyl wrapping, especially in high-use areas like bathrooms and kitchens. Vinyl wrapping protects them from daily wear and moisture, keeping them looking new. It’s an easy and affordable way to update your space. Skirting boards add style and durability, making them a smart choice for any home makeover and offer a unique way to compliment renovation if you decide to wrap kitchen cabinets as well.
- Durability: Vinyl is resilient and can protect skirting boards from scratches, dents, and everyday wear and tear.
- Aesthetics: With a range of colors and patterns available, vinyl wrapping can transform your skirting boards to complement your interior design.
- Cost-Effective: Vinyl wrapping is an affordable alternative to replacing or repainting skirting boards.
Speak To Our Team
How to Vinyl Wrap Skirting Boards
At Nova Wrap, we understand the importance of a flawless application when it comes to vinyl wrapping skirting boards. To ensure success, we recommend a structured approach.
Begin by thoroughly preparing the surface; this involves cleaning the skirting boards meticulously to remove any dust, dirt, or grease, as a clean surface is key to ensuring the vinyl adheres properly and lasts longer.
Next, measure your skirting boards accurately and cut the vinyl wrap accordingly, allowing a little extra material for ease of application and adjustments. The actual application involves carefully peeling off the backing of the vinyl wrap and applying it smoothly onto the skirting board.
During this process, use a squeegee or a similar tool to gently smooth out the vinyl, ensuring there are no bubbles or wrinkles, which can detract from the finished look.
Finally, trim any excess material with a sharp blade for a neat finish, making sure the edges are well sealed.
This attention to detail not only guarantees a professional-looking result but also enhances the durability of the wrap. Patience and precision are key in each step of the application process to achieve the high-quality finish that Nova Wrap prides itself on.
Steps to Vinyl Wrap Skirting Boards:
- Prepare the Surface: Clean the skirting boards thoroughly and let them dry. Any dust or grime can affect adhesion.
- Measure and Cut: Measure your skirting boards and cut the vinyl wrap to size, leaving a little extra for adjustments.
- Apply the Vinyl: Carefully peel the backing and apply the vinyl. Use a squeegee to smooth out any bubbles and ensure good adhesion.
- Trim and Finish: Use a sharp blade to trim any excess material. Ensure the edges are well sealed.
TIP: If you’re working in wet areas like a bathroom, make sure you dry the skirting boards with your heat gun or hair dryer to ensure the film adheres properly and will not peel in the future. Get in touch with our bathroom wrapping service in Dubai for professional help.